South Johnston’s 2013
We'll Always have
Thursday, March 28th
7:00pm until 11:00pm
At the Grand Marquise Ballroom
Anfesa’s Grand Marquise Ballroom
205 New Fidelity Court
Raleigh, NC 27529
(In Garner off of US HWY 70, behind Garner TV and Appliance building.)
- Tickets will be sold in the Media Center during POWER on Mondays and Fridays starting February 8th until March 15th. There will be a prom ticket sale during the second semester open house as well.
- There will be a parent information session and ticket sales night in the Media Center the night of Open House.
- Tickets cost $35 each.
- This is the Junior-Senior Prom. Only juniors and seniors are permitted to purchase tickets. Freshmen and sophomores may attend only as a guest of a junior or senior.
- No tickets will be sold after March 15th.
- Outside guest forms are required for all guests who are not current SJHS students. Outside guests must be approved by administration before the guest ticket can be purchased. All guest forms are due by March 8th.
- Students (and guests who are SJHS students) who owe outstanding fees/fines or have overdue library books will not be able to purchase ticket until the fees are cleared. Students can check with Mrs. Haumont, their teachers, or Mrs. Jewel Hayes in the front office if they are unsure if they owe fees/fines.
- Tickets will be distributed to students the day before prom since prom will be held on a workday this year.
- Guest tickets will be included in the same envelope as the junior or senior who invited the guest and purchased the guest ticket.
- Formal wear is required, no jeans or hats.
- Gentlemen may wear a Sunday suit or tuxedo (no sports coats), and have neckwear or a banded collar.
- Ladies may not wear extremely low cut dresses, dresses with extremely high slits, dresses that expose the midriff and/or have front cut outs, and dresses that are shorter than mid-thigh.
- Prom will be held on Thursday, March 28, 2013 (students are out of school that day).
- Prom will begin at 7pm and end at 11pm. Students must have a ticket to enter, and upon leaving may not reenter.
- Outside guests should bring picture identification.
- Students will have the opportunity to have professional pictures made at the prom. Students should see Mrs. Haumont to sign up for an appointment time and to get more information about poses and prices.
- There will also be a photo booth for fun, free pictures!
- Light hors d'oeuvres will be served at prom.
- Senior Salute pictures are due no later than March 8th. Each student can turn in up to five pictures (turn in to Mrs. Suzanne Tart or Mrs. Haumont).
- The Senior Salute will begin at 10pm.
- Since this is a school function, JCS dress code policies and student rules are still to be followed.
- Prom King and Prom Queen voting will be from 7pm until 9pm on prom night, and the winners will be announced after the Senior Salute.