Smithfield-Selma High School is now IB Authorized!!
For more information about International Baccalaureate schools, visit http://www.IBO.org. For applications and more information about Smithfield-Selma High School’s IB Diploma Programme, visit http://www.johnston.k12.nc.us/SSSIB.
Snow make-up days are Feb. 17, March 28, and June 12
March 13 and June 11 are now full school days
Next Progress Report: March 14 Report Cards: April 21
All 11th grade students will take the ACT Tuesday, March 18th during school. Please arrive Tuesday morning on time with a calculator, #2 pencil, and your student ID. In addition you may bring a small snack to eat during the testing break.
SSS Curriculum Fair & Spartan Seminar: Tuesday, March 11th 5-7pm
All SSS high school students, 8th graders from Smithfield Middle and Selma Middle School, and Parents are encouraged to attend!
For more information on the seminars and to register for a seminar click here!
AVID invites all to join the Beach Bingo Bonanza! March 18, 6-8pm in the Cafeteria!
The long awaited Parent Portal which allows online access to your student's grades and attendance is up and running! You can pick up your login information each school day between 7am and 3:30pm. This is a great tool to make sure your student is staying on track. Please contact Student Services if you have any questions!
In order to obtain this login, you must follow the directions listed below before you come to school:
- Go to www.johnston.k12.nc.us/sss
- Click on the Power School Parent Portal icon on the top right of the page.
- Complete the online form.
- Show your ID when you come to the school.
- Parents and Students, make sure to read the attached (at bottom of page) Digital Citizenship Agreement, sign the last page of the agreement, and return to Mr. Barrett in the Media Center. This signed page is required of all students in order to access school technology.
- Students and Parents, see the attached list of Driver's Education parent meetings and student sessions. See Coach Boykin with any questions.
Daily Announcements are now at the bottom of this page
Also check out Daily Announcements tab on the left for archived announcements!