Reading is an important skill that needs to be developed in children. Not only is it necessary for survival in the world of schools and universities, but in adult life as well.
5 Top Tips For Why Reading Is Important!
1. Reading is an active mental process that improves your concentration and focus:
2. Improves your discipline and memory:
3. Builds self-esteem and improves creativity:
4. Reading improves your vocabulary and reduces boredom:
5. Gives you a glimpse into other cultures and places of the world, so you will always have something to talk about.
(Taken from: http://www.squidoo.com/why-reading-is-important)
Remember to read every night at least 10-15 minutes!